Chizuko Ueno represents U.S. and Japanese clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other commercial contracts. Ms. Ueno has extensive experience in advising employment related matters. She possess particular strategic alliance and experience relating to the media, technology, pharmaceutical, chemical, automobile, and retail industries.
Ms. Ueno’s education and experience in Japan, the United States, and France have made her an expert in counseling clients in cross-border and cross-cultural transactions in the US, Japan, and other countries. She also serves as co-counsel in litigation in the U.S. involving Japanese clients, and in Japan involving U.S. clients.
Ms. Ueno has a history of introducing Japanese clients to the U.S. market.
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP, Ms. Ueno was a partner at Fox Horan & Camerini and earlier worked at an international New York City law firm, including a two-year posting at its Paris office.
- Acquisition of an Europe based agro-chemical business by a U.S. company
- Acquisition of a U. S. technology company by a Japanese company
- Acquisition of a retail store by a U.S. company
- Joint venture in the U.S. involving chemical company
- Joint venture in Brazil between a Japanese company and a German company
- Joint venture in India between a Japanese company and Indian company
- A tri-party joint venture among Japanese companies and a Thai company in Thailand
- Acquisition of a French chemical company by a Japanese company
- Author, Individual Liability under Federal Anti-Discrimination Statues, 1991.
- Translator, Sex Discrimination, 2nd Edition, 1991.
Harvard Law School
LL.M, 1991, magna cum laude
M.A., 1983, summa cum laude
- New York