Agnès Markarian Sullivan
Agnès Markarian Sullivan
Agnès Markarian Sullivan focuses on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property, healthcare and employment litigation. She possesses experience at every phase of litigation from intake through trial and has successfully litigated matters in state and federal courts and in arbitration.
Ms. Sullivan has extensive experience representing both individuals and businesses in various industries in the litigation of matters involving contractual disputes, patent and trademark infringement, and trade secret theft and unfair competition.
Her healthcare experience focuses on representing hospitals, laboratories, physicians and physician groups in a broad range of business and regulatory issues, including managed care contracting and reimbursement.
Ms. Sullivan’s employment experience includes both single-plaintiff and class action matters, including matters involving wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability accommodations, and wage and hour disputes.
- Represented a professional medical corporation in a trade secrets case, obtaining a favorable jury verdict against a large Southern California healthcare company.
- Represented an international real estate franchisor in a number of trademark infringement actions against competitors and former franchisees.
- Represented a professional medical corporation in trade secret case, obtaining a favorable verdict against a large Southern California healthcare company.
- Defended an employment agency against claims of human trafficking in a high profile federal class action jury trial, winning a verdict for her client at trial on the issue.
- Represented a former managing partner in an arbitration involving a partnership dispute against a Southern California-based architecture firm, winning a judgment for her client.
- Obtained an excellent result for a Southern California laboratory in a matter involving allegations of unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented a large health plan in successfully obtaining the dismissal of a complaint involving a dispute over payments to non-contracted physicians.
- Achieved a favorable settlement for an international meat processing client in a matter by a former employee alleging disability discrimination and failure to accommodate.
- Obtained an excellent result for a healthcare provider accused of gender and pregnancy discrimination by a former employee.
- Obtained complete dismissals of all claims in a large number of arbitrations brought by former employees alleging wage and hour violations against a national retailer/Fortune 500 company.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Selectee, Southern California Rising Star by California Super Lawyers(2014-present)
- Selectee, Top Attorney by Pasadena Magazine (2010-present)
- Chair, Newsletter/ Publications Committee, Iranian American Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Member, Armenian Bar Association
Loyola Law School
Major: Political Science, German
U.S. District Court, Central District, CA